Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pizza Dough

This recipe is from Kaci Perkins. I have substituted from one to one and a half cups of whole wheat flour for white flour and no one in my family could tell.

In a large bowl combine:
3-4 cups of flour (I start with 3 1/2 cups)
1 T. yeast
1 T. sugar
1 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt

In a separate bowl combine:
1 1/2 cups warm water (I heat mine to about 105 to 110 degrees)
2 T. oil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pour the water/oil mix into the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula/scraper. Dough will look kind of rough/shaggy. Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead til smooth. Adding flour as necessary to keep the dough from sticking to the counter. This is where the other 1/2 cup gets worked into the dough. (usually somewhere between 3-5 min) Let dough rest for 10 min on counter. I take the bowl I was mixing in and turn it upside down to cover the dough. Mostly so Paige won't steal bites of dough.

Grease the pan you'll be cooking with. I use a cooking spray. Spread dough out in pan using hands. Add toppings and bake for about 10-15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment