Friday, June 10, 2011

Bread Sticks

This recipe is from Becky Stevens:

1 1/2 c warm water
1 T dry yeast
1 T malted milk- this is type of powdered milk (or can substitute powdered milk)
1 T honey
1 tsp. salt
3 1/2 - 4 cups flour
Salad Supreme seasoning (sold in the spice aisle)

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Roll out dough on floured surface to about 3/8 in thickness. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salad supreme seasonings. Cut into 1 1/2 strips. (I use my pizza wheel)The length is up to you. Place on greased baking sheet. Let raise for 20 minutes. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Brush with melted butter while warm and serve.

* I use instant yeast that does not need to be proofed in water. So instead of dissolving the yeast in water, I just mix it in with the flour, salt, and milk. I mix the warm water and honey together then add them to the dry ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment