Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Orange Zucchini Bread

This is Kim Rolfe's recipe.

2 cups zucchini, grated
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
grated zest from 2 oranges
3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1/2 cups vegetable oil
1/2- 1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in large bowl. In separate bowl, beat eggs just until mixed. Add zucchini, orange juice, sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir til combined. Add flour mixture and stir gently. Don't over mix. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes.

To get rid of excess moisture from the zucchini give it a good squeeze in paper towels before adding. Also, this recipe makes great muffins. They bake for around 20 min. To give them an extra shot of sweetness throw in chocolate chips.

When I get more zucchini that I can use before it spoils, I grate it and freeze it. The amount I use most often in recipes is how much I put into each bag. So I have it pre-measured into the freezer ready to go. I just have to thaw it in the microwave and squeeze out the extra water.

No comments:

Post a Comment