Monday, July 19, 2010

Ham with Pinapple Sauce

This one is so easy! I buy a small sliced portion of ham. Ham is precooked, so all I do is heat it up over low to medium heat briefly either in a skillet or in the microwave. Just don't overheat it or it will get leathery and tough. I make the pineapple sauce and serve it warm to put on the ham.

Pineapple Sauce for Ham
2 small cans crushed pineapple (since my kids aren't crazy about this I use 1 can)
1/2 c brown sugar
cornstarch and water

Mix a couple of tablespoons of cornstarch with a little water. It should look like whole milk (too much water makes it look more like skim milk). It doesn't take very much water. Place pineapple and brown sugar in pot and cook til hot. Add cornstarch and water mix and bring to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.

*I drain a little juice from the pineapple, but not all of it. The cornstarch acts as a thickener.

No comments:

Post a Comment