Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bread Machine Dinner Rolls

This takes about 3 hours

I put the following ingredients into my bread maker in the following order:

3/4 c water (about 110 degrees)
1 egg
3 cups flour (either all white flour or 1 cup whole wheat flour and 2 cups white)
1 tsp salt
3 T. sugar
6 T. butter (temperature I like is somewhere between straight from the fridge and room temp)
3 T. instant fat-free milk
2 1/4 tsp instant yeast (there is a difference between active yeast-the kind you proof in warm water & sugar- and instant or bread machine yeast)

On my machine I select the dough option and it takes 1 hr and 40 minutes. After that cycle is done, take the dough out and let it rest, covered with a wet dish towel that has been wrung out for 20 min. Then you can shape the rolls how you like. I don't make very pretty round rolls so I either make knots (roll out "ropes" and tie in knots) or crescent roll shape (roll out in big circle and using a pizza cutter keep dividing the dough in half til you get 16 wedges, then roll up to form a crescent roll) Place on greased baking sheet and let rise til doubled in size- about an hour. Then bake in 350 degree oven for about 10-12 min. My oven browns them faster in the back so I like to take them out part way through baking and turn the sheet around.

No comments:

Post a Comment